Ratified by a GOP congress it has been a long and scary slide since 2008 into more poverty and more tyranny:
Now once again we have had an abomination in a BIG OMNIBUS BILL that was passed by a Republican Congress in a way where it was impossible for them to even have time to READ THE BILL And, yes, hello, of course this bill, like many big omnibus bills before, it was riddled with many irrelevant DIRTY SECRETS.
In the bill which was not written by any congressman but rather by accountants, lobbyists and lawyers (legislation without representation) Dark Money Groups were again given protection to withhold the names of their contributors. The S.E.C ‘s effort to create rules to force groups and corporations to disclose their campaign contributors was effectively blocked. This is an unethical, and ugly move to keep the public blindfolded about who is writing the BIG CHECKS.
Note: Since the Citizens United decision in January 2010, politicians have collected more than $500 MILLION in dark money from phantom donors according to the Center for Responsive Politics,
The way a law should be created is:
- A problem is seen
- A politician drafts a bill to solve same problem.
- The bill is about only one subject, the solution to the problem. One bill, one subject. The bill description starts with a summary and is then expanded and has a conclusion at the end. it is all about the same thing – there is nothing new that is introduced into it.
- The bill is posted on the web where it stays at least six weeks.
- During that time it can be viewed by all who have an interest or who would be affected should the bill become law.
- IT MUST BE READ and studied by all the politicians who will be voting on the bill.
- Each politician has to instruct their aides and staff to inspect the bill in depth during the six week period and look for ramifications – i.e. places where the bill will be contrary to the current body of law or create a destructive precedent.
- Each bill should also be investigated by the Department of Justice to police out vested interests or monopoly.
- After the six weeks the bill should be brought to a vote.
- When it is brought to the vote on the floor the proceedings should be videoed and all votes should be recorded. The video would be kept on record.
When we are looking at a funding bill , it should clearly state what is being funded and why. Facts and figures. There should be no extraneous data. One subject, one bill one vote.
According to Senator Elizabeth Warren, Citigroup slipped in another pernicious bailout provision hidden in the most recent spending omnibus bill. Thank you Senator for your integrity. And you have been proven right; the Citigroup supporters were saying that that provision curbing banking corruption, is no big deal for it is all covered in the Volcker rule. Hello? Now the FED (which I would like to point out does not have a place in our legislative process and refuses an audit) now in their infinitive wisdom, they have decided to put implementation of the Volcker rule on the never never. Go figure. The losers? Yes Senator you are right. The losers are we the people.
But lest I lose you in the complexity of the legal and financial jargon that is designed to prevent understanding, let’s look at the exact out-point here. We have a simple system given us by the founders. and it works just fine. It also makes good sense. This is what we have to remedy, to get back in again. One transparent source, one subject, one bill, enough time for politicians to read the bill, enough time for the electorate to weigh in on the bill. A simple up/down vote ON THAT ONE SUBJECT. Now that would be sane legislation.
How have lobbyists and special interests gotten their grubby hands into our legislative process? How dare they? They are greedy and nasty and selfish and have no concept of the greatest good. And what they use to perplex and exploit us is plain and simple. They use those big, cumbersome bills that are in and of themselves a generality. It is all being done with Omnibus Bills which are introduced to Congress and not even ever read. Yet THEY ARE PASSED by the politicians we are electing.
An omnibus bill is a proposed law that covers a number of diverse or unrelated topics. Omnibus is derived from Latin and means “for everything”. An omnibus bill is a single document that is accepted in a single vote by a legislature but packages together several measures into one or combines diverse subjects. it is a generality and in our legislative process allowing generality opens the door to dictatorship, monopoly and enslavement.
An omnibus bill makes for bad legislation and its effect is to destroy the democratic process. Because of their size and scope, such bills stop debate and limit scrutiny. The Amendments that are hidden in them are NEVER in the greatest good.
Did you eve wonder how we get bad laws. Simple. This is how.
If we agree to laws being passed in this way we deserve to lose our liberty.
If we want to put an integrity back into Washington we have to first fix the system.
Quote for the Week
Anywhere, anytime ordinary people are given a chance to choose, the choice is the same: freedom not tyranny; democracy not dictarship, the rule of law not the rule of the SECRET police.- Tony Blair