Proof that you cannot Multiply Wealth by Dividing it!
An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that socialism worked, and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.
The professor then said, “OK, we will have an experiment in this class on socialism ”
… All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A…. (Substituting grades for dollars – something closer to home and more readily understood by all).
After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.
The second test average was a D! No one was happy.
When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F.
As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.
To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.
This story was forwarded without the original source. Grandma did not write it. She thought it great, and so is sharing with you.
This is Grandma’s take on Socialism
- When the people get the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
- When some of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, that is also the beginning of the end of the nation.
- Government cannot give to anybody anything what the government does not first take from somebody else. When politicians perfect the art of taking from producers, it is the beginning of the end of a nation.
- Oligarchies, Monopolies and Crony Capitalism does this better (i.e.Stealing from the people) than even Big Government. When the idle rich and the idle poor get in bed with the force of Big Government with intent to steal from the people (in other words to create Socialism) the end is very nigh.
- Socialism destroys society and local communities. It is mostly embraced by those who seek unfair advantage over others. It is also attractive to victims, those who do not take responsibility. Give such people power and that is the beginning of the end of a nation.
This is a blog post from Grandma Thunder. Can you think of a single reason for not sharing this classroom story? Neither could Grandma! So she has shared it with you. Please do also share!
Quote for the Week
The Problem with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money